Monday, June 9, 2008

The Weeks Review

Now that's pretty snappy don't you think????

Well... now... lets start at the very beginning. My dad and his minions have been working in my backyard - putting down the rock that is edging my grass. Mostly it's been a lot of dirt moving... but as of now - I have crusher fine and flagstone down. Looks like they are close to being ready to start spreading the big stuff. This time I took 'before' pictures... so once it's done I'll post the pictures.

On Wednesday KD & Julie arrived. Zachary took straight to Grandpa's beard... I'm sure there's a picture of that somewhere. We had a really nice visit; went to the zoo, the pool; chilled out at home. We had a surprise waiting for us when we got home from the Zoo - no electricity.. until the next day! Jarod thought the flashlights at night were GREAT! It also gave us an excuse to go out to eat - and we went to Zio's... Honestly I LOVED it. I thought the food was really good. I will be going back.

I hope KD & Julie had fun at the pool. Jarod is lots of fun to chase around and keep out of trouble and Zachary enjoyed just sitting letting the water run up to him. (Pictures of that excursion soon).

They left early this morning - their trips always seem to fly right by.

Sarah has been wanting to go to the aquarium for a couple of weeks so today we went. Jarod went back and forth through all the aquariums. Sarah finally had to pick him up and haul him out to get him to leave. Of course I have pictures of that too - and I'll post soon. The divers were in the big tank feeding the fish and the HUGE turtles were swimming around and that was cool. Jarod kept wanting to 'go see Nemo and Dory'.

This week I just have planned to go to the pool and work and go to the gym. I have a 'formal' performance review with my boss tomorrow morning. Akkk! Scary!! They have asked me to start doing my own billing. FUN! At least I get to learn something new - and all the mess-ups will now be because of me... instead of me telling 3 people at different steps to fix things.

And lastly - Jake's scheduled changes again tomorrow. So he'll be working 6a - 3 and be off Friday and Saturday. The reason this is noteworthy: it makes it so that me, myself and I can go to Mexico with my girlfriends the end of the month. WOOHOO I feel bad a little bit - leaving Zach-attach... but when I'm sitting at the ocean I figure I'll probably be OK. Sarah has VERY generously offered to stay home (she wanted to come with me and I would have liked that a lot) and take care of the boys while Jake is at work the other 2 days. What can I say... I've got a GREAT sister. Of course I'll probably owe her from now to eternity... wait... I have taken her to the ocean with me 2ce... hmmm I'll have to remind her of that.

No comments: