Monday, September 22, 2008

Get me outta here!!!

Just for myself really I'm posting about leaving the hospital....

After 3 days of entertaining I was sooo over it! I was worried about Zach's IV but the nurse said it was fine (it was in his foot). Then about 40 minutes into his IV antibiotics he popped it out. So she stopped it and said we'd wait for the docs to tell us to put it back or not. So about 4 she called the doc to ask what to do (as we STILL hadn't seen them) and they said to leave it out until they came down. About 5:45 they came in (smart me said 'ohhh good morning'!!!) Anyway they looked at him... showed me how to take care of his 'dressing' and told us we could leave. I was soooooooo excited!!! Then I called Jake and said 'take your time but come back up here and get us - we are out of here. However the doctors and nurse were super quick writing up those discharge and they were done within a half hour. I called Jake and he was doing exactly what I said... taking his time - he hadn't even left the house yet! We had to wait for him for about 45 minutes but then all was right with the world as we came home. Whew! Zachary goes in on Thursday for a follow up. But so far I think he's doing great! I'll have to try to get some video of him pushing/being dragged around behind Jarod on his tricycle.

No comments: