Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The bare November

Wow - I did a terrible job in November. I guess my excuse would be - I didn't have anything to say. But I guess that's not exactly true.

My birthday was really good... enough said.

Jake and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 16th. In true fashion - we did nothing.... enough said.

My moms birthday was on the 24th - she's old. We had a mini-family gathering on the Sunday before to celebrate... enough said.

On Tuesday the 25th, after a call from my boss I found out I will no longer have my job after Dec. 31st... What can you say?

Thanksgiving was NICE. My mom, dad and Becca all were staying here with us. And of course my brother was over for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom and I made the pies on Tuesday. We sort of went crazy - I think there were 8 pies... and only 6 adults... that was FUN and yummy. I made the turkey - it's actually something I'm pretty good at. Everyone said it was great. I pat myself on the back... good times!

Now we are headed into Christmas and a busy December. Next weekend we are all headed to my parents for the annual Elephant Butte Luminario Festival. Last year the wind was so horrible it didn't happen (first time in 7 years they said). They line the lake with luminario's and the boats all get decorated and they do a floating parade. It should be fun!!

As though Christmas could mean more.. here in the Weeks house it is also the very memorable day of Jarod's birth. Seriously how could 3 years have gone by already? Mostly I'm ready for about 4 1/2. We'll see if we live through 3.

And in case you are wondering 'so mb what are you going to do now'. I just don't know. I have been pondering and praying and talking and doing it all over again. Working outside the home really isn't an option for a few reasons. The biggest being I can't send my kids to daycare 45hours per week. I have been playing with a few ideas that will keep me at home.. we'll see how those ideas develop. If I think back 8 years ago (that's how long I've been with my company)- I can't even begin to put to words how much I've grown in various directions. Professionally I've grown leaps and bounds. Personally who'd have ever thought you'd hear me say 'I want to stay home with my KIDS'.

Hopefully December will be a better posting month. I need to put up pictures of the boys.. they are growing TOOO quickly!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hey Marybeth! i am sure something will workout for you. You are talented and a hardworker. It just sucks that this happened before Christmas. But I agree you should stay home with your kiddos!