Thursday, October 23, 2008

He walked!!! He walked!!!!

Zachary has been cruising on the furniture for months.. we thought for SURE he'd walk before Jarod did (right at his one year birthday). Nope.. has all the balance and strength - just no gumption to do it. Well tonight he was in the kitchen holding a bunch of cups not paying any attention and he took a step. My mom and I both looked at each other like: did you see that??? Then she said 'do some more while you aren't paying attention'. And on queue - about 3 more steps. He then went into the other room and promptly stood up all by himself. He did several more 3ish steps and was so proud when we cheered him on. Papa got home from work and he wouldn't show off his new skill (my dad has been working with him at least 2ce per day since last weekend) he was toooo tired. Of course I left the camcorder at home b/c what exciting could possibly happen while I was out of town for a few days? Argh!! I'll catch it when we get home. He's going to be running down the halls in no time!!!

No comments: