Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Will life be normal now?

It seems like the summer has flown by in a huge blur. It's been packed with vacations and moves and work trips and activities. It doesn't appear to be slowing down yet either. This weekend the boys and I are headed to my parents house to have a little 'fun in the sun'.

Last week I headed off to the ATL for work. It was a relatively productive trip. I got some training and cleaned up some things that have been 'dirty' for sometime. I can't say it was nice - but it's always good to go rub noses with my co-workers. They forget I do actually work out here!

On Saturday everyone was up super early and so I decided to take the boys to the zoo - by myself. We were there when the doors opened which was my plan... unfortunately the first series of exhibits were all being cleaned and so we missed all the monkey's. The earth may have stopped turning if the Rhino's had been put away - but thankfully they were out - eating. Then we hit the train and went over to the aquarium. Both great fun for Jarod who loves trains AND fish! Mostly it was just a HUGE accomplishment for me. I took them both myself, and we all survived and we didn't even want to strangle each other when we were done. It was fun to hear Jarod telling his daddy all about it when he got home from work.

Speaking of Jake he's got a panel interview for supervisor tomorrow afternoon. We've been waiting and waiting for this interview. I don't know how long it will be until he hears anything but we are hopeful. Also hopeful that he doesn't get stuck with an evening shift should he get the promotion.

I was prepared to spend some time downloading photo's when I realized my camera is DEAD and my charger is still at the other house. I'll swing by and pick it up at some point and get pictures up soon.

No comments: