Tuesday, August 5, 2008

......and time flies

I'm horrible! Here I promised to keep updated and I've let some things slide. I hope you all will forgive me for not having rambled on for a few weeks... especially once I ramble about what's been going on.

As everyone knows my mom, dad and sister have been planning their big move. Well - 2 weeks ago my dad calls me at 10:30pm and tells me that some friends of ours are having a scuba certification training on next Tuesday at the lake - would I like to go. Now that's a really silly question! However, fundage is a problem. After discussing it, my parents graciously give me one of the best presents I've ever gotten! However, that moved our moving time line way up. So we worked and worked at the big house to get them ready to pack up and be at the lake by 3pm Tuesday afternoon. In the midst - my little brother got ants in his pants to move into his new bachelor pad (otherwise known as my old house - with my beautiful lawn). By Monday night he had all of our beds and dressers to the big house... everyone on top of everyone.

Scuba class was great! We started in the water Tuesday night and that was fun watching everyone orientate to life under the water. Rebecca was a natural - all of her set up and movements in the water came super natural. Sarah did great too - although she's more analitical and so she was a little slower. I won't go into me... I've been before, knew I'd love it, and hmmm I 'think' I know my way around the water (at least without a regulator). On Friday we took off to Balmorhea State Park, TX. Jake took off Friday and Saturday so he could keep the boys so I could go play. Balmorhea was NOT what I was expecting. Really I'd pictured something like Bottomless Lakes - a little beachy area, some water, a big hole. Uh think again.. yes.. it's almost really a big swimming pool, with a hole in the middle about 14 feet deep. The days were LONG we were in the water from about 3 until 7 on Friday, then we were back at it at 830 Saturday until almost 4. Then we had to drive the 5 hours back to T or C. But it was still GREAT!!! There were some fish - who think you are going to feed them if you hold your hand out (think trying to make a bird come onto your finger - that's the fish), there were soft shell turtles, and then there was just the awe of being underwater for long minutes at a time. Needless to say now I'm trying to figure out how to make time in my schedule for diving. A little difficult as I'm the mother of 2 small children, work full time and I'm a wife (really need I say more than, wife?)

So now we've been home a week - and things are going. A whole lot of my things are still at the green house. As Ben was in a bit of a hurry he just put all my stuff into my old guest room. We got the majority of my kitchen last week - but there's still a lot left. I haven't really been diligent in going and packing up. Work has crazily picked up and I've just been swamped. I'd planned on getting everything done on Friday and Saturday but then my mom and dad came into town and well we just sailed right threw the weekend and nothing got done.

This week I'm headed to the ATL for work. I thought I'd gotten out of having to go. But then I got an email from my boss summoning me to the mother ship. The same week he told me to come they laid off 7 people in the office - making it more important that I hurry up and get there b/c they need me to take on more work. We'll see how that goes.

I need to post pictures - but I haven't downloaded them off the camera and at this moment I'm pretty tired. When I get back from ATL hopefully things will slow down and I'll be able to catch my breath. Stay tuned...

No comments: