Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th of July

I might have said I was just going to rest on the 4th after being gone for a solid week. But both boys were up at 730 - and by 8 I decided we were going to the zoo. Called my mom, told her we were getting dressed and going - did she want to come. So off we head to the zoo (forgetting a pair of shoes for Jarod b/c the kid would rather go barefoot).

We had a GREAT time. Normally we go to the zoo and if we spend $5 that's a LOT... I don't know if we were all in the holiday spirit or what but I swear we probably spent over $100 between me, my mom and Rebecca. I bought Zachary a hat (see photo's) and I got myself a hat (which I had wanted to get in Mexico but never found one I liked - who knew all I had to do was go to the Rio Grande Zoo?) (for a peak at the hat see Jarod feeding the Giraffe). Then there was all of the feeding of the animals to pay for, the camel ride, the train ride, ice cream - the list probably is bigger.

It was already hot by the time we got there and a lot of the animals were in the water. Jarod's favorite Rhinocerus were all the way in the back of their exhibit in the shade... no matter how much he called for them they weren't going to come.

We had a great bbq at my parents house. Just the family and we had sooooo much food!! Later we lit off fireworks that Jarod started calling 'fireplace'. Then we walked down the block to watch the city fireworks display. Jarod liked it for about 10 minutes, then he was pretty much done: no more fireplace.. lets go for a walk to trama's (grandmas) house. Might have been he was so exhausted he could hardly stand up! Overall - a great day was had by all.

In other news: my parents finally set the date for their big move. Looks like moving will commence starting August 1st. They are supposed to hire a moving company - so that'll take a lot of stress out of the process but LOTS has to be done before that. We will probably start moving our stuff to the new house the weekend after.

No comments: