Thursday, July 3, 2008

4th of July

Well - I wanted to take off to the lake today. My brilliant plan was we could stay at my parents new house... hit the lake, go out on the water, maybe (I have a couple of friends with boats). Well my dad found out that the little 12,000 people town swells to over 100,000 friendly folk over holiday weekends. He wanted NOTHING to do with it (and the house isn't even sort of ready for a sleep-over).

So - we went yesterday! My dad wanted to show my mom and sister the remodeling going on at the house and to get any requests before the contractor's plans were to far gone to be changed. Jake was off yesterday and today so I made him go with me (yeah that was fun). The boys did great on the ride (it's a bit over 2 hours). We also hit the motel pool yesterday evening. The water was FREEZING. I told everyone it was colder than the ocean was in Mexico. Jake had fun swimming with the boys. It's the first time he's been with us at a pool. (I have pictures of that - I'll post them later).

This morning we spent over an hour at McDonald's letting Jarod play on the huge slide. We've sooo got to get one for our new backyard.

The house actually is looking pretty good. The remodel is making it livable for my mom. Wider doorways, ramps, bathroom modifications, new flooring, carpeting, painting, fixtures, etc. I was worried that it'd be way to hard for my mom to get around. Although it won't be her brand new custom home - I think they are doing a really great job of making it pretty accessible. She'll need lots of Becca's help for kitchen things - but I'm a lot less worried after seeing the progress and the plans.

I'm telling her that I think she needs to do a little 'splurging' and get window treatments she loves, some pictures to put up on the wall... maybe a rug or two, some new lamps, entertainment center... really decorate it nice... should help it feel better.

Tomorrow Jake has to work (at least he gets holiday pay). The boys and I will probably just stay home and do nothing. I'm sort of out of tired out. Church has a big party in the evening, the only reason I'm thinking we may go is for the free food & it's at the park and Jarod LOVES the park!!!

No comments: