Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Up or Down?! I haven't a clue!

As I expressed prior to my actual joblessness I couldn't have been more excited. I had grand plans to fully update the blog, put up my pictures, make some changes around the house. After all - a mom with no job should have so much free time she should be crying of boredom, right?!

Well one thing is absolutely for certain... I LOVE IT!!! Oh bring on the good days - why in the world did they not fire (I didn't actually get fired but semantics) me sooner? (When I'm groaning in March b/c my van was repo'd please refer me back to this blissful time). I've been so busy doing nothing of any significance that I can't even account for my time! Needless to say - updating the blog hasn't been done... pictures are still in a box... BUT I did change the sheets on my bed! :o)

My in-laws are here visiting... unfortunately my MIL has come down with a nasty case of something and is holed up in bed trying to feel better. My FIL on the other hand is restless as can be. So yesterday we 'reorganized' the front yard, making some necessary adjustments for us to be able to pass our home study. He's currently out on a mission for large, unbreakable trash bags for some further 'reorganization'.

On Monday, Jake and I start our class. It's 6 evenings and 2 days of learning. After which, I have loads of paperwork to do and then the home study. Once the home study is done, and the criminal information is back we will be getting our new kid sometime very soon (Sometime in March, hopefully before the van is repo'd). We (and I do really me we) are excited. Jake is very supportive in my desire to be able to stay at home with the boys and this new venture seems to be an answer to my prayers (stay tuned for April's moaning when I have a houseful of kids for spring break and they are all pulling each others hair out).

So until my next free moment.. since I do so much anyway...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Enjoy the time while you have it. Sounds like your new journey will be a lot of fun work. Good luck.

GrandmaJ said...

Good thing your mom lives near a lake and will be happy to see you. LOL

Rochelle said...

I think what you are doing is a wonderful thing. I know many in my ward who have had good experiences and blessings in caring for other children even though it wasn't always easy.